Books on Amazon
- 351,226 hits
Today’s Top Posts
- The Haraam List
- Khairey: Pashto Curses, Insults, and Verbal Abuses in the Pashtun Culture
- Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Punjabi Racism and Hatred in Pakistan
- Pashtun Blogs
- The difference between "Pathan" and "Pashtun"/"Pakhtun"
- Terms of Endearment in Pashto
- Books on Islamic Feminism
- Sexual Abuse Stories
- The Babarra Massacre of August 12, 1948: Translation and Background of Pashto Song "Margiya Ma Raza Darzama"
- The "sh" and "kh" in Pashto: on Pashto dialects - and Pashto-learning materials
- why the reluctance to engage and acknowledge Islamic feminism?
- “Stopping Male Violence” (bell hooks)
- Minority youth leadership training opportunities
- how to hold men accountable for their violence against women
- when an intellectually stifled nation murders its future: why Mashal Khan of Mardan was lynched
- The Genocide Pakistan Committed against Bangladesh (Mar.-Dec. 1971)
- re the myth that male sex drive is uncontrollable and stronger than female sex drive
- on being deprived of women’s recitations of the Qur’an
Orbala on Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Pu… Ihtishamullah Khan on Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Pu… Orbala on Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Pu… Ihtisham Khan on Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Pu… Iylah Sharif on Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Pu… Orbala on Punjabi-Pashtun and Pashtun-Pu… Bibliographie sélect… on Muslim Feminist Blogs Orbala on Books on Islamic Feminism
TagsAfghans being a Pashtun girl on social media being human death to patriarchy everything is haraam female authority in Islam feminist choices Feminist poetry feminist things girls haraam hijab Islam Islamic feminism Islamophobia menstruation Muslim feminists Muslims Muslim things Muslim women Pakistan Pashtun Leaders Pashtuns Pashtun women Pashtun Women Leaders self love sexual abuse stereotypes against Pashtuns in Pakistan violence against humanity why we need feminism
Tag Archives: sexual abuse
This would be me my latest poem. On sexual abuse.
Background: Last week, police in Pakistan discovered some 400 video recordings of over 280 children being forced to have sex in Punjab – by 25 men. According to HuffPost, “Villagers in the central Punjabi village of Husain Khan Wala told … Continue reading
Just to clarify: the title of this post is referring not to survivers of sexual abuse but to those who hear about sexual abuse. The following are some things *not* to say when you learn that a Qur’an teacher, an … Continue reading
I recently saw this letter in a listserv and would like to share it here (I have permission) for more publicity. Please send an email to Samar.firstname.lastname@example.org with your name (and institution, if you’d like) as soon as possible for … Continue reading
As I’ve said in previous blog posts, when I raised this reality of sexual abuse by Qur’an teachers in the Muslim community on my old blog, many people responded by sharing their own experiences or at least something they’d seen. … Continue reading
Continuing the responses to a post I wrote previously on my Qur’an teacher sexually abusing girls. The responses below came in the form of comments or short messages, not in the form of email. So I’m sharing them in one … Continue reading
2. Below, I share a response from someone who read that sexual abuse by a Qur’an teacher post of mine and allowed me to share their experience as well. I shared another individual’s story in another blog post before this … Continue reading